Sunday, November 9, 2008

7 Random Facts...


Robyn tagged me a few weeks ago, but I was having a hard time coming up with 7 random things (sad, huh?) so I kept putting it off. So here goes!

1. I have to eat my M&Ms in threes. If I'm about to finish a bag and I only have two left, I usually don't eat them. Yes, I'm a freak.

2. I've had at least four root canals that I can think of. I'm going to have dentures by the time I'm 40.

3. I love to sleep. Love, love, love it. Sadly, I don't get enough any more...oh, what I would give for even 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep (though I certainly don't have it as bad as some :). I miss you sleep!

4. Back when I was at BYU I promised I would never live in Texas. And now, here we are...living in Texas. And--gasp--enjoying it!

5. Whenever I drink a bottle of Dr. Pepper (yes, tsk tsk, I know) I never drink the last little bit. It drives John nuts, but I think it tastes bad.

6. I am going to go to culinary school (for the baking/pastry program). I don't know WHEN I'll do it, but I will. And then I will open my bakery.

7. I'm training for a half-marathon that's in February, but I'm discovering that my (relatively) young body thinks it's 40. My shins hurt, my knees hurt....it's awful. When I'm on an elliptical machine I do great, but when I'm running outside and have lots of impact on my shins/knees...yikes. Here's hoping I can get this all figured out before the half-marathon!

Ok, tag... anyone who wants to be is it. Lame, I know. My brain is shutting down though, so that's the best I can do.

7 comments:

RM said...

Kara I had a hard time coming up with my seven facts too, I took about 10 days to think of something. Now I can recall several better random facts than those I posted. Aren't Tags fun!?!?

Katie said...

Aww, this made me miss you more than I already did! You're wonderful. I'm a bit home sick for Texas and all of our wonderful friends there. I don't suppose you'll be there at Christmas will you? About the M&Ms...at least you save yourself a few calories every bag, and every soda too!

J and M said...

Kara, I may just do my own little ellipse machine marathon, and if you want to do your own personal ellipse machine half marathon right next to me we could consider ourselves winners! We could even bring banana slices and water for our selves as we ellipse (:

Emily said...

I'm super impressed with the half-marathon thing--you know how I feel about running.

I'm actually just commenting to say that I don't think you're a stalker no matter how often you check our blog. I check blogs... um, a lot. I think there is some way to show when ours updated on the sidebar things. It's just because we're not hosted on blogger. I'll ask Adrian and have him tell you. I know you can check it in RSS feeds, so maybe it works the same? I'll ask him. He's getting all into making our blog better, so I'll see what he knows.

Liz said...

I remember your M&M thing. David does a similar thing with his Skittles, only he groups them by color (one color of each Skittle in each group) and then eats the whole pile. I often wonder why and where we come up with these little quirks but everyone has them. Just know, you're not alone.

Nicole said...

Hi Kara!
Make sure you stretch enough before you go running. And maybe you need new running shoes? Are you training with a group? At least for me, it helps to run with a group...not that I run any more... I love it that you're going to do a marathon! Very inspiring!

:-D I love your blog!! Hugs to you and your family!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Hmmm...my theories are confirmed...you are a little random! But, aren't we all. (yes I'll avoid doing this tag a while longer just to hold off on revealing just how random I am).

Nevertheless...your randomness is still awesomeness.