Ahhh, those were the good old days. But it seemed like overnight our mild-mannered, well-behaved baby had transformed into a maniacle toddler with one thing on his mind...destruction.
We quickly learned that nothing was put up too high or hidden well enough to protect it from Andrew and his new abilities. Our poor DVDs lived (and continue to live) in fear.
Drewbie's destructive force was amplified by the fact that he was up and walking by the time he was 9 months old. It was during this chaotic time when we turned our heads heavenward in supplication. We fervently hoped that child #2 would be a lump, who would just sit there and not bother to run and jump like his older brother. Enter Grant....
We actually got, for better or worse, pretty much what we asked for. Grant is our cute little lump. (He made up for this by being very opinionated and stubborn) It isn't all bad though. He enjoys sitting and playing with objects much more than Andrew ever did. It's great to watch him spin a truck wheel or play with blocks, analyzing every little detail. Much to Mom and Dad's relief, both of them will now play in their room alone for extended periods of time (something Andrew only recently started doing, and still doesn't do for very long).
Grant has since learned to crawl. Staying true to the lump reputation, he started off doing the army commando crawl, as you've seen previously...
But it was inevitable I suppose. Our little lump is no more. Grant took his first steps the other day.
I'm sure he and Andrew have been keeping each other up at night plotting new ways to cause mass distruction and histeria in the Nelsen home.Whatever ends up happening, I'm sure it's not going to be pretty...
3 comments:
Wow, I can't believe he's walking! I guess it's that time though. I don't know that I'm ready for Pierce to walk. Hopefully I have some time to get used to the idea. We need to get together by the way. Start thinking about a good time the whole family can come over. I'll give you a call this week.
Heh. Funny. I do imagine them plotting together... you guys had better watch out.
Who wrote this post? It sounded like a John post, but since you post from the same name it's hard to tell.
Wow, the word verification word is "silly". How... normal.
We got ours in reverse order! Our little Snacker did his share of crazy things, but it's nothing in comparison to the mischief Little O gets into!
p.s. love the new family pic! Andrew looks sooooo grown up!
Post a Comment