Monday, June 8, 2009

A Hard Day's Nap

Today we had to wake Drewbert up from his nap. This almost never happens. He was so out of it that he seemed to think we'd woken him up during the middle of the night. Needless to say, he was not a very happy camper (would you be if someone pulled you out of bed in the middle of the night and tried to force Bruchetta Chicken down your throat!) Kara and I had to try really hard not to laugh at him as he bumped into things and tried very hard to form complete, coherent sentences. This experience got me thinking a little about sleep.

Why is it when I get more sleep than I usually do, I'm so much more tired the next day? Who has a position they have to be in before they can go to sleep? Why is it that I can take a nap while laying on my back, but can't for the life of me go to sleep for the night on my back? Why can I nod off all day (we call it riding the bull because of the wicked head snaps you get when you go limp and whip back up suddenly) but when it comes time to actually sleep I'm wide awake? Have you ever nodded off, only to open your eyes in what you think is a few minutes later only to find out it's time to get up? That's the worst! Conversely have you woken up in the middle of the night fully refreshed and thinking it was time to get up for the day? I love that! What makes some people heavy sleepers while others (such as my lovely wife) bolt upright at the sound of rustling carpet. Kara still accuses me of faking being asleep when babies are crying, an accusation I will fight till my dying day! But of all the quirky things about sleep, my all time pet peeve is waking up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off!

Anyway, I'm off to bed....sweet dreams everybody!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Awwwww... cute video. By the way, the new picture at the top is adorable!