Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back in my day...

As Kara and I watched Andrew watching Spongebob Square Pants we got to talking about how they don't make cartoons like they used to. Back when we were growing up, cartoons actually told a story and generally had some sort of moral or take-away. Now-a-days it's all either dumb jokes or pointless action. I thought it would be fun therefore to run down memory lane for this post and revisit some of the top cartoons of the early 90's. These are the cartoons we can both remember running home from school, dropping the bag on the floor, and turning on the T.V. to catch. (Sometime I'll have to do a post on the really old-school cartoons I watched when growing up...can anyone say He-Man!!!) Vote on your favorite or let us know if there's any we missed.

















5 comments:

J and M said...

Unfortunately, I recall some of these and they are probably cartoons from when I was ten (:

I do recall the muppet babies theme song, and watched the Snorks.

Michelle said...

Wow... you really did get all of the good ones! Too bad Drewbie gets Spongebob instead of the Gummy Bears and Darkwing Duck! :(

Nicole said...

My sister and I LOVED all those shows!! The jingles are pretty fantastic too.

Emily said...

I think maybe I wasn't allowed to watch a lot of these? Because while I knew some of the songs, I don't remember really watching them. I think I learned the Gummi Bears song from going to Divine Comedy...

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Oh yeah...these are the ones! I totally used to veg after school to all the same ones! I love checking these out of the library for Snackie...they're definitely better than most these days!