Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kids say the darndest things...

As Andrew is getting older, he's becoming increasingly entertaining when it comes to the things he says.  I haven't done as good a job of keeping track of his comments as I would like, but here are a few of my favorites.

One day we went through the drive-thru at Wendy's.  I got them each their own chicken nuggets (I know, I know.  Chicken nuggets are scary.) and got one thing of fries for them to share.  Well, Andrew wanted to know why he had to share fries with Grant.  

Me: "Because I don't have enough money, and besides, fries are bad for you."
Andrew: "Why are they bad for you?"
Me: "Well, they make you fat and are bad for your heart."

Andrew: "Then why are you giving them to me?"

Ahhh, what a mom of the year moment.  I had to try to  explain to him that it was ok to eat fries sometimes, just not very often.  

When we were watching the World Series, Andrew told me: "Mom, we need to call the Rangers and tell them that we're watching them!"  He also said we should invite them over to dinner.

Andrew LOVES Star Wars right now (especially the Clone Wars cartoons) so one night he told me we should have Obi-Wan come over.  I told him if it was Ewan McGregor, I'd love to have Obi-Wan over.  Funny, I don't think he got what I was saying...

He calls marshmallows "smarfmallows" which I think is the cutest thing ever.

And every day he tells me that he loves me "way into the sky!"  I just adore that boy.
I love how much he's concentrating on what he's doing.
They really like to wear daddy's shoes.

Oh, just look at that face.  So cute!

You can always tell when Andrew gets a hold of the camera.

Love my boys!

2 comments:

McEuens said...

Oh my gosh, totally love the fries one. Laughed out loud!

Michelle said...

I love all the Drewbisms! They're all so cute! Can't wait to hear some in person in TWO WEEKS! :)