Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011



We had a wonderful Halloween this year!  Sunday night we carved pumpkins (the boys were mainly interested in stabbing their pumpkins repeatedly...) and made caramel apples (which they wouldn't eat...) and it was a lot of fun.  Andrew and Grant both wanted to be ghosts, for which I was very grateful (cheap and inexpensive costumes--love it!) and John's coworker was kind enough to whip up the ghost costumes for us since I've been a little preoccupied with prepping for Mr. Baby.  On Halloween, we stopped by the church trunk-or-treat and then went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.  Grant was SO into it, running from house to house (I lost track of how many times he tripped and fell) and Andrew was the one hanging back saying "I don't think anyone's home, Grant" or "My feet hurt!"  In all fairness to Andrew though, he was apparently coming down with a cold...so maybe that's why he wasn't quite as into it?    Anyway, they both had a lot of fun and are already talking about being ghosts again next year and how excited they are to go trick-or-treating again.  And since we finally have a camera again (yay!), here are some pics:




Andrew and Grant with their pumpkins--Andrew did most of the work on his, all I helped him with was the mouth.

And of course baby brother needs a pumpkin. :)

Drewbie's apple...all he did was eat the marshmallows off of it.

My scary little ghosts!

The ghosts with their ghostbuster. :)

Even baby brother was included!
One of their first houses.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Fun times! I LOVE your shirt Kara. I've never seen one before.

Alyssa Quigley said...

So fun! and your shirt is awesome! did you buy it, or make it?

Michelle said...

1) I LOVE the binky in the tiny pumpkin.
2) I LOVE John as the Ghostbuster
3) I LOVE your fetal skeleton shirt (I hope he doesn't actually look like that!).
4) I LOVE my boys and can't wait to go see you guys in a few weeks!

jess. said...

Looks like you had an awesome Halloween. And to mirror everyone else...your shirt rocks! :)

The Nelsen Family: said...

Thanks guys! I made the shirt because I already had a black maternity shirt and just needed a bottle of white acrylic paint...so, it was a VERY inexpensive costume. I know you can also buy it online though.

J and M said...

You barely look pregnant! How did you do that???