Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Times

Andrew and I were lucky enough to go visit Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Chris a couple of weeks ago. Maren, Michelle, and I thought it would be fun to surprise them, so we concocted a scheme that would allow us to do so. Maren and I were supposed to be on the same flight from Phoenix to San Diego, but I missed my flight from Dallas to Phoenix (long story, grrr...let's just say I'm glad no one I knew saw me sobbing hysterically at the US Airways counter. I'm gonna blame that one on pregnancy hormones and a difficult toddler). So, we didn't get to surprise our parents together, but Maren got to surprise them and then I showed up a few hours later and shocked them again. It was quite hilarious to see them so surprised.

It was a fun week (Michelle showed up on Thursday and surprised them yet again) that involved trampoline fun, Legoland, and the Wild Animal Park. Sadly, on the days we went to Legoland and the Wild Animal Park it was almost 100 degrees...yuck! But the boys still had a blast. Andrew and Evan had SO much fun with grandma and grandpa, it was so cute to watch. They also really enjoyed aunt Michelle and took quite a liking to Jason. We really enjoyed our week there (though we missed John a lot!) and are already looking forward to our return in June. I think I gained ten pounds though, I just can't resist the Taco Shop or In-N-Out. *Sigh* I miss those restaurants!

While we were in San Diego we found out that John got the job he'd just interviewed for and really been wanting. Hooray! A job, finally! He has an HR position with the city of Denton, which is handy because we live in Denton and he now has a five minute commute. Congrats John! It seems like a great job, great environment, etc. etc. So, we'll be in Denton for awhile longer, which I'm happy about...I wasn't quite ready to leave my friends or this ward. This also means that when the semester ends in a week and a half, John will be done with school (because this job can count as an internship). Yay!

So yeah, it's been a good few weeks. We got to visit family, John got a job and is finishing with school, and we're expecting baby #2 any day now. :)


Despite appearances, Andrew really was enjoying the train ride at Legoland.


Andrew and grandma on the airplanes!

Andrew and Evan in front of the lion exhibit at the Wild Animal Park.


Aunt Maren filling up the pool for Andrew and Evan at grandma and grandpa's house. The boys LOVED playing in the water. If only grandma and grandpa's new house had a pool...

Congrats on the new job, John! I made him a candy "bouquet" since most guys aren't really too interested in flowers.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats to John! Cute idea for the bouquet. I should have done something like that for Adrian... oops. I'm glad you guys had a good trip. What a good idea to surprise your parents! The weather here HAS been way too hot. We like it to be warm, but that's just WAY too hot for April! It makes summer feel very foreboding.

Lindsey said...

Eric told me that John got that job, thats so awesome! We are glad you guys are going to be around for a little while longer too!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Well...you know I'm SUPER excited that John got the job! What would we do if you moved away?!!! The Snack was so sad he didn't get to see (and wrestle with) Andrew today. We'll have to get them together soon...unless.....you're away at the hospital having a baby or something wonderful like that!