Well, we're back....back from traveling, back to blogging, back to normal...
I can't believe we welcomed little Grant into the world a month ago tomorrow! Time has really gone fast, though perhaps that's because things have been so busy. Grant has already been on an airplane three times, and he's a fabulous little traveler.
About a week and a half after Grant was born we went to Utah for a funeral. Though the reason for the family gathering was sad, it was really nice to see everyone and have them meet Grant. From there I flew to San Diego (by myself with a toddler and a newborn, might I add...thank heavens for children's Dramamine) for my dear friend Liz's wedding. It was wonderful to have more of my family and friends meet Grant. I got to show him and Andrew off at Liz's wedding reception (which, by the way, was beautiful!) and I had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed getting to see Nicole (and her fiance) and Tessa, friends from back in the day. :) My wonderful mother-in-law was then kind enough to join me in San Diego so that I wouldn't have to make the 3 hour flight back to Texas by myself.
And now we're back...and things are starting to return to normal. As of tomorrow afternoon, I will be on my own with the two kiddos for the first time. I'm somewhat nervous because Andrew has been so used to having someone to play with him constantly, so who knows how he'll handle things once grandma leaves.
Grant is an adorable, sweet baby boy. He's doing great and is already 10 pounds and 22.5 inches tall! Unfortunately he might be having trouble digesting proteins from dairy products, so I have to eliminate them for the week and see if that resolves some of his issues. No dairy for a week? Yikes...no cheese, no milk, no chocolate?!?! I really hope dairy is not the issue...
Andrew is a blast; he has become quite the chatter box and constantly makes me laugh. He heard me say "shoot" once and has since decided to repeat it frequently. Now, shoot really isn't such a bad thing to say, but when it's coming from a 2 year old....I don't know, it just seems a little wrong. Anyway, I told Andrew he and mommy weren't allowed to say shoot, so he goes around repeating that we're not allowed to say shoot. Quite adorable.
And now for a few pictures!
2 comments:
Kara,
I saw a link to your website from Maren's page. Congratulations on the newest edition. I can't believe you have done all that traveling. You are so brave! Hope you are getting some sleep and enjoying your boys!
Kathleen Jump
You're back!!! So glad to see you blogging again. And it's of course great to be back to doing playgroups regularly as well.
Cute pics! Glad you got to go show the little guy off and enjoy time with the families.
Well...I'll see you in the mothers room!
Post a Comment