Monday, July 14, 2008

One of THOSE days....

Today was one of those days...sigh. Most days with two kids are good, but then there are the occasional off days. Lets just say little Grant is a snuggler. No, more than a snuggler...he LOVES to be held. There are some days where he just won't really let me put him down. And even once daddy is home, he still wants ME to be the one holding him. Now I love snuggling with him, but seriously...I never get anything done! I didn't even shower until after 4pm today. I know it's temporary, so I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy it while I can, before I know it he'll be 2. Andrew on the other hand won't slow down enough to cuddle with me anymore.

Anyway, days like today aside, things are going quite well. I absolutely adore my boys. Grant is so smiley now and is starting to laugh and it is soooooooo cute. Seriously. And this kid is so long and lean, it's crazy! He has his two month check up on Friday and I am NOT looking forward to the shots.

Andrew is in his big boy bed. Hooray! Well, it's not all good. It's good that he's in his bed, we need him to be so that Grant can have the crib. But this also means that every morning around 6:30 we have a little invader squirming his way into our bed. Cute, but waaay too early, especially considering the fact that he used to sleep past 8. Getting up so early has made us quite cranky, but it had to be done.

Andrew has also become quite the chatterbox. I'd heard that some kids tend to take a little longer to talk, storing their vocabularly until they've got a lot before they really start to talk. I think that's how Andrew is. I can't believe how much he talks now, it's like he just flipped a switch or something. Some of the things he says really make me laugh, I love it. A couple of weeks ago when a lactation consultant had stopped by to give me something, he started telling her all about the fun walk we went on. She would listen attentively, but when she would turn back to me to say something, Andrew would get her attention again and tell her the story over again. He also kept shushing her because his trains were sleeping (I need to take a picture of his sleeping trains, it's cute...he puts them on their sides in the middle of the room).

Oh, another Andrew milestone is that he sat through his first movie in the theatre! John had taken him to see Horton Hears a Who a few months ago, but they only made it through have the movie. On Saturday we took him to see Wall-E (which, let's be honest, we did for ourselves, not for him). He was great for the first 45 minutes and not so great for the last 45 (that's when the snacks came in handy). We really enjoyed the movie, Pixar always does such great work. And it was cool to see because John's friend worked on it. Anyway, Andrew enjoyed the movie too and spent the rest of the day talking about Wall-E and what happened to him (I'll leave it at that, don't want to spoil it for anyone). Heh, so cute.

Well, this has turned into a novel and it's bedtime, so I'm off. Here are some cute pictures to end with:

Ok, they Blogger is having issues uploading them. But pictures are forthcoming!

1 comment:

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Don't worry Kara...the months pass quickly! I'm sure you are realizing that already. I can't believe Baby O is 4 months now. I feel like I'm going to blink and she'll be walking! Time certainly didn't pass this quickly with The Snack!