So, we went to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving and we had a wonderful time!! We decided to drive, and drive straight through, but it actually ended up being ok. Mostly because John is really good at staying awake...I however, am not so great...though that may have had something to do with seeing Twilight at midnight the night before we left. Worth it though. My favorite part of the drive was when Andrew coughed so hard he threw up all over himself. I was driving and John started freaking out "He's puking, he's puking! PULL OVER!" Before the car had even come to a complete stop John had opened the door and jumped out. SUCH a wimp about vomit. Seriously. Boys.
Anyway, we got to spend an entire week with John's family and it was lovely. Andrew was in heaven, having someone (or several someones in this case) to play with and entertain him constantly. He adores his grandparents and aunts and uncles, and it was so fun to see him with them. It was also great to have everyone get to see Grant, since they hadn't seen him since his blessing in July.
It was a relaxing week, we played a lot of Wii and ate a lot of pie. It was declared "Pie Week '08", meaning there was a new pie every day, with six pies on Thanksgiving day. Fortunately for me (and my waistline), while I make pies, I don't eat them (except for chocolate chip pie and chocolate meringue pie). I got to try some new pie recipes, so I had a lot of fun.
The night before we left we took Andrew to see the lights at Temple Square, because he'd been telling us all week that he wanted to go see the temple (so cute!). It was crowded and cold, but also beautiful, and Andrew had a great time. Before we were even out of the state of Utah we were missing everyone. We love Texas, but sometimes it's too far away. If only it were located between California and Utah...who needs Nevada, anyway?
Here are some trip pictures, most of which were taken by "Sydawg", who Andrew had a blast with. Thanks Sarah!




4 comments:
yay your back,to blogging, i of course knew you were back from Utah!! I was getting really bored no ones has been updating their blogs.... I love the matching jammies!
The puking story cracked me up! Of course, I don't think I'd really love to deal with the vomit myself but at least you can laugh about it now. I'm sure as a mother of two, vomit is commonplace now. :-)
Love the photos of Andrew and Grant. Even in photographs, it always seems like Andrew is in motion. And Grant has such big, beautiful (and blue?) eyes! So adorable.
You should come back again. :) I like these updates!
LOVE the pic of the boys in the matching jammies!! Sooo cute!
Post a Comment