Thursday, October 21, 2010

Words of wisdom

As I've been working on organizing our office, I've come across a lot of interesting things that I forgot we had.  Today's favorite find was from our wedding...instead of a traditional guest book, we had people leave sign little cards with advice.  Then I was going to put the cards in a nice scrapbook...well, 6+ years later and that still hasn't happened.  Instead I found the pile of cards sitting rubber-banded in a box full of random stuff.  Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite words of advice:

  • "Look out for John's landmine" - signed by "A Brother"
  • "Always leave the toilet seat down" - Pam (if only John would listen to you, Pam!)
  •  "Always get in the last word in an argument...say 'Sorry'!"
  • "Just be happy, stay in love, and always remember how you feel today."
  • "Drink caffeine in moderation!" - Thanks Nicole! :)
  • "Laugh together often!"
  • "Like I have ANY advice?! :)" - That one made me laugh (courtesy of Erin M.)
  •  "Play lots of X-box!" - Eric and Lindsey
  • "John - Whenever she's mad at you, do the dishes.  No woman has ever been able to stay angry at a guy who's cleaning."  SO TRUE! :)
  • "Don't use fake tanner!  It streaks!" - Tabitha, I've most definitely followed your advice...I learned the hard way.
  • "Laugh about things, forgive each other (and forget), and simply enjoy one another.  Choose to be happy :)"  Great advice Emily!
  • "My word of advice - always take care of each other and listen to good music."  Thanks Tessa!
  • "Congratulations!  I'm sorry, I have no good advice."  That one made me smile, Liz.
  • "Always say 'That's my man' or 'That's my woman' for eternity."
It was really fun to read through all these and remember our wedding day.  And now that I've found the cards and have a nice little office set up, maybe I'll get around to putting these in a book...

5 comments:

Liz said...

I have no recollection of writing that but it's still true. Even after being married for two years now myself, I don't have any good marriage advice. But I enjoyed the advice of others. Especially Tabitha's. :-)

Isn't it fun to find things like this from the past? It always makes me nostaglic.

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

(Geeze, sorry, had to delete my earlier comment due to embarrassing spelling errors!)

Haha I am the same way as Liz, I barely remember writing that on the advice card either! I can't believe it was 6 years ago already... whew!! Your Vegas trip sounds like it was lots of fun, especially being able to decompress from the normal routines. :-D

McEuens said...

Hmmm... I don't remember that about your wedding. Did I write a card?

Lindsey said...

So obviously Eric wrote our card. Fun memories!