Sunday, February 6, 2011

Birthday Festivities continued

Yesterday we had Andrew's Star Wars birthday party.  I was really worried that no one would be able to come because of the weather (just like last year's birthday party that we had to postpone because of weather) but yesterday the sun came out and the temperature was in the 50s, so the icy roads finally improved.  Anyway, Andrew wanted a Lego Clone Wars party, so we (and by we I mean John) put up a bunch of Clone Wars pictures and I did a Lego Clone Wars cake.  Andrew was adamant about having a chocolate AND vanilla cake, so the cake was a yellow cake sandwiched by two chocolate cake layers.  We played musical chairs (very entertaining to watch that 13 four and five year olds play, by the way), a balloon popping relay, and had a lame pull string Darth Vader piñata (what happened to a good old fashioned piñata that the kids get to beat?).  Andrew had a blast and LOVES his presents (for example, he insisted on wearing his Lego Count Dooku watch to bed).  Much thanks to all who came!


Quick side note... my husband is awesome.  Nothing would have been ready for this party if it weren't for him.  While I did the cake, he cleaned the house, did dishes, got the boys ready, decorated, etc.  He even cut out some fondant pieces for me!  Thanks hon!


And now for some pictures...


Happy birthday Andrew!



The cake.  As always, there are a lot of things I see wrong with it (I can't help myself!) but overall I'm happy with it (and Andrew loved it, which is what really matters).  I made Anakin and Obi-wan (I made Obi-wan out of fondant, hence why he doesn't look as good as Anakin  and has to be leaning up against the cake).


I obviously didn't make the ship, or the small lego guys...I ran out of time. :)  




The aforementioned Lego Count Dooku watch.

So excited!


Looking forward to weather good enough so that we can take this out to play.


No comments: