Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Grant!

Awwww, baby Grant!
Today our awesome Grant (a.k.a. Grantman, Grantastic, G-man, Baby Love) turned 3.  I've been having a hard time wrapping my mind around that...how is he already 3?  These past few years have been kind of a blur, which makes me a little sad and nostalgic (I really need to be better about my journal writing!).  I love Grant so much.  Seriously.  He is the silliest, goofiest, sweetest, cutest, and STUBBORNEST child.  Man, he is stubborn.  When I was 37 weeks pregnant, Grant was still breech and just wouldn't turn.  I very clearly remember thinking that this kid must be stubborn.  He is also such a little ham, he really loves to be goofy and make everyone laugh.  Oh, and listening to him talk in his cute little voice and his cute little sentences just kills me. Andrew and Grant are the best of friends and the worst of enemies.  I'm amazed at how cute they can be with each other, and then five minutes later they're hitting and screaming at each other.  Despite that, ;) Grant has been such a wonderful addition to our family.  Happy birthday Grant, we love you!

Grant at 3 years:
-skinny
-tall (I'll have his stats on Friday...)
-loves Geotrax trains
-loves Mickey, Donald Duck, Goofy, Chip and Dale
-can't wait to play baseball like Andrew does 
-calls Andrew "A-eww" (but will also cutely say "Andwew" or "Dwebie" if you ask him to :)

Anyway, for Grant's birthday today we went out to brunch (I had to work tonight, so dinner was out...plus Grant loves eggs and bacon).  After eating, we went and opened presents and ate cupcakes on the lawn outside the courthouse, because it was such a lovely day.  Grant got a new Geotrax set, Tangled, and the second season of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers (he was VERY much enjoying his presents this afternoon).  And he may or may not have a sandbox forthcoming, but we're still trying to figure that one out. :)  And now for some cute pics!  I was going to post videos, but I'm having issues with Blogger right now.



Love that little face!


He's excited!

Couldn't get the candles lit because it was too windy...but he was still cute and excited to be sang to. :)







1 comment:

Morgan Hagey said...

Happy 3rd birthday Grant. Three year olds are so funny and infuriating! Enjoy him.