Thursday, January 31, 2008

Two Very Important Lessons

I've learned two very important lessons this week.

1. You'd think I would have learned this lesson after Andrew colored all over the wall, but I guess it didn't quite stick. DON'T LEAVE YOUR TODDLER ALONE WITH CRAYONS! It just goes bad places.

Andrew was coloring in his Thomas coloring book (or so I thought) while I was doing the dishes. I could see him, it's not like we were in different rooms or anything. But somehow I missed the fact that he colored all over our (relatively) new LCD monitor. Not only did I freak out, but I was picturing John's reaction....yikes! Thank goodness for the internet though, I did a search and discovered that you can remove crayon (and supposedly permanent marker) from a screen using a rubber eraser. It worked amazingly well! And then I just took a screen wipe and cleaned off the eraser residue. Hallelujah!

2. Never let your toddler anywhere near a CD player.

Andrew and I were sitting in our parked car, eating our lunches. Andrew had a kids meal, but was more occupied with playing. I was trying to clean up and somehow missed it (even though he was sitting right next to me!) when he took the plastic pirate coins from his kids meal and shoved them into the car's CD player. Yikes. I still haven't gotten the coins out, and every time we turn on the car the CD player makes this really horrible sound because it's trying to play the coins. This was definitely worse than the colored on computer screen. We're not sure how to fix it without spending money we don't have.

*sigh*

I guess the real lesson here is that you should never, ever--even for a second--stop paying attention to a toddler.

My bad.

1 comment:

Emily said...

This post made me crack up. I guess that's what happens when you have an active little boy. I appreciate the warning--I'll try to catch those little things when I've got one of my own. And I'll accept the inevitable destroyed furniture, etc. :)