So our sweet baby boy (Chester, as we jokingly like to refer to him) is being naughty! Here I am 37 weeks pregnant and the silly boy is breech. The doctor was worried he was, so I had an ultrasound yesterday to check. Sure enough, his little head is up near my ribs and his feet are down where his head should be. *sigh* It's a little late in pregnancy for him to be turning head down on his own, so that's why I'm nervous. I have another appointment tomorrow, at which time we'll discuss the options. I imagine we'll end up attempting a version, which is where you go to the hospital and (under frequent monitoring) the doctor physically forces the baby into the right position. It's usually only 50% effective though, so I'm still worried. There are a couple of other techniques I'll try as well, but if he doesn't budge...we're gonna end up with a c-section. Eeeek! So here's hoping we can get this boy to go head down.
On a happier note, May is here and May is a good month! John finishes school in a week!!! YAY! A week or so after that, my mom and sister will be visiting, and anytime now really, we'll have our sweet baby here.
If we still had a scanner, I would put on yesterday's ultrasound pictures. In one of them you can see that the kid has a good head of hair. :) So cute!
2 comments:
KARA! FIND A CHIROPRACTOR! Ask them about the Webster Technique. DO IT NOW! Seriously.
Oh that really does not sound fun to have the doctor turn him around! Good luck!
Post a Comment