Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bye bye bye...

Seriously summer, I am SO done with you. Bring it on, winter! It is 108 right now! Last night at 10pm it was 90. Ugh. Just making a quick trip to the store makes you need to come home and shower.

On a happier note, I'm quite enjoying reading Breaking Dawn. Hee! AND I get to go see Mama Mia! tonight. Woot!

6 comments:

Liz said...

Okay, as soon as you finish Breaking Dawn, we need to talk. I should finish it up tonight or tomorrow and I'm dying to discuss it with someone. Also, I'm so with on the summer thing being over. So hot! Sad thing is, I know the weather isn't going to change that much when winter finally comes.

McEuens said...

I am SO with you. I can't wait for crisp fall air, beautifully colored leaves, pumpkins, apples, and everything else that comes with fall.

Emily said...

Wow, that's crazy hot. I've been whining a lot, but that's also because we don't have air conditioning (apparently most places don't have it here because you almost never need it... whatever. it's the stuffiness and also warmth I can't handle, especially pregnant!). But I think 108 sounds a lot worse, so I'll try to complain a little less.

Liz, I think people move to Hawaii to have lovely weather all year!! But I like seasons, too. Maren, I'm with you on looking forward to fall and living somewhere with changing seasons (more than California, at least).

Oh, and I wish I could get in on your Breaking Dawn conversation but I've only read the first one and don't want to fork over the money to buy the rest in the series, and they're impossible to find at the library. Oh well.

Liz said...

Fall was my absolute favorite season in Washington DC. The leaves were so beautiful and the weather had finally cooled down enough that you could wear sweaters but not need a jacket and it was wonderful. I'll really miss that....but of course, that onnly really lasted for two weeks before it would start to grow absolutely frigid and you'd start to hate life all over again. I guess I can take the perfect weather of Hawaii but I'd really love one day of sweater-wearing, especially since I have some really cute sweaters!

Emily, I know the Twilight books are hard to get ahold of from libraries, but I'd bet some good money that there are some young women or even some members of the Relief Society in your ward who own the whole collection. Maybe you could borrow it from one of them. Of course, I'm sure you're new and all to the ward and don't know who to ask but I haven't met a Mormon female yet who hadn't read them or at least knew someone who did.

The Nelsen Family: said...

Crisp fall air? What is this thing you speak of? Seriously. It will be HOT here until at least October. And then it will go back and forth from 30 degrees to 70 degrees. Ugh. I would love to see leaves change colors. And Emily, no AC? Yikes! Though if Washington weather really is how the Twilight series portrays it, ;) it's probably not too hot. Heh. I'm with Liz, I'm guessing 90% of the YW in your ward and half the adult women have copies of the series. Good stuff! I'd lend you mine if I could...in fact, I'm about to lend them to one of the YW in the ward...makes me feel so young! But it's just a fun read.

Emily said...

Good points on the books. I could probably scrounge up someone to borrow them from. We'd need to be settled to know which ward we're in first, but that's another story. :)

Yes, the no AC is really not so bad given where we are. Right now during the day it's in the mid 80s, which seriously isn't bad, it's just that everything gets stuffy and we don't have a way to turn on a central fan without turning on the heat... so I spend my days perched in front of the freestanding fan. Really. The nausea is getting better for the most part, but feeling warm or even being in stale air makes me feel a little funny in the tummy.

Remember how I've always liked rain? I'm really excited for drizzly fall weather... and to wear my sweaters, too! I love wearing sweaters.