Yesterday we celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary (this post was supposed to be done yesterday, but alas, the children were not so good yesterday. Example: I was feeding Grant and Andrew was off playing quietly--very bad sign--in the bathroom. I kept asking him what he was doing and telling him to come see me, but he kept ignoring me. Finally I got so worried that I put Grant down--and let me tell you, he was SO happy to have his feeding interrupted--and went in to see what Andrew was doing. He had taken off all of his clothes, done his business in the toilet, and then played with a tube of Desitin. There was Desitin everywhere....the sink, the floor, all over Andrew. Yikes. It was hard to be too mad with him though because I was so proud of him for using the potty. Anyway, this is one example of why I never got around to doing this post yesterday.)
So, in honor of our anniversary, I just wanted to take a moment to publicly (well, sort of publicly) thank John for being such an amazing father and husband. We've been together for five wonderful years, though in a very good way, it seems like much longer than that. John constantly makes me laugh, reminds me to be patient and grounded, and pushes me to be a better person. He works so hard to support our family and comes home at the end of a long day and still has the energy to roughhouse with Andrew and do the dishes. He supports me in my hobbies, although these hobbies sometimes require a fair amount of time, money and even sometimes result in bigger waistlines for the both of us. I love you John and look forward to many more years together!
And now, a little trip down memory lane...I couldn't help myself. :) You can see us get older and fatter right before your very eyes!
Our first trip to Arizona for Spring training...this is after we had been dating for about 7 months. In case you can't tell, we're showing off our sunburns.
At a Padres game a couple of weeks before we became officially engaged. You've gotta love cotton candy! We were in San Diego to do engagement pictures.
Awww, our engagement picture.
Look at us skinny young things...a few weeks before our wedding.
We took a trip to Mexico City with my family while we were engaged. John still wanted to marry me after that trip, now there's love!
Wedding pictures at Petco Park.
Beautiful San Diego temple where we were married.
This is why I make a Red Velvet cake every year for our anniversary. Huh, can you even tell that we're eating Red Velvet cake?
I love our beach pictures.
I just had to throw this one in...look at my lovely bridesmaids! Way to chow down Michelle!
This is about a month before our first anniversary when we went to Boston with my family.
Cape Cod during that same trip.
Family portrait, Andrew is about 5 months. This is right before we moved to Texas.
Andrew's first Halloween...we had a lot of fun dressing him up.
Andrew says goodbye to his awesome daddy before he leaves for class. How cute is that?
This one is a little bit out of order, but Blogger is stupid and I can't really fix it. Anyway, this is last Christmas.
Here we are in Paris last summer.
Here we are at Mont-Saint-Michel, one of our favorite places that we visited on this trip.
On the Charles Bridge in Prague.
At the Acropolis in Athens.
One of the stops on our Greek Isles cruise...sadly, I have no idea what the name of this island is. I do remember we went swimming though and John got an authentic gyro.
Andrew and daddy last Thanksgiving in Poway.
Train ride at Old Poway Park. Andrew was in heaven!
John holds Grant for the first time.
The whole little family at Adam and Emily's wedding. Look at all my handsome boys!
Well, that's a ton of pictures. I guess I got too caught up in all the nostalgia. If you made it this far, I'm impressed!
6 comments:
Congrats on 4 years! I've never seen any of your professionalv wedding photographs before....they are so beautiful! (Makes me a little jealous.) Oh, and that chocolate fountain was fabulous. I think I spent more time in that tent at your reception than I did doing anything else. I hope that I can look back in 4 years and enjoy the memories that David and I have created. Thanks for sharing.
Those are great pictures. You guys have such fun memories. I loved all the Europe ones, because I don't think I'd ever seen any of those or knew much about the trip. And looking at the chocolate fountain also brought back some very happy memories for me, too. :) That was good stuff...
Awww, so sweet! I did make it all the way and ejoyed every picture. Congrats to you and John. What a beautiful little family you've created!
Okay, in the last picture, am I the only one who thinks Grant looks like Michelle?
Thanks all. :) So nice of you to bear with me. I think I need to purchase a chocolate fountain so we can recreate that wonderfulness. Emily, I'm still trying to figure out if I can see that Grant/Michelle resemblance...I think I might see what you mean.
Cute pics Kara! I love seeing old pics in posts like this :)
Post a Comment