Thursday, October 9, 2008

A night in the life...

I am so unbelievably tired I can barely function. Grant is being....less than good at night lately. I got home from Young Womens at about 9pm last night, fed Grant, and had him in bed before 10pm. I was excited that he ate so late, I thought he'd sleep until 3 or 4am. Well, I was irresponsible and stayed up late to watch Pushing Daisies (I couldn't help myself!) and didn't get to bed until almost midnight. Stupid thing to do when you have to get up with a baby. Anyway, Grant woke up around 1am, which was extremely irritating. I sat on the couch with him until 3am, trying to stay awake long enough to feed him (obviously didn't work very well...) and went back to bed around 3:15. When my alarm went off at 5:15, I realized there was no way I was going to be able to go workout (due to a stupid incident involving my foot and a tape dispenser...yeah, so cool) and so I sent a message to my workout buddy and went back to sleep. 20 minutes later, Grant cried. What?!?! UGH! I was so frustrated. I went and got him and started to feed him, hoping to be able to put him back down to bed after he ate so I could get some sleep. As I was finishing feeding him, however, Andrew woke up and that was the end of my dream to go back to sleep. I'm SO tired. It's only 10am and I'm really hoping I can make it through the day...

In happier news, some awesome pictures from our recent adventures are forthcoming. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

McEuens said...

You are a better mom than me. I would have said, "Here's the remote control, Andrew, go find PBS" and gone back to bed.

The Nelsen Family: said...

I'm not gonna lie...I've done that before. But sadly, I had a bunch of stuff to get ready for the consignment sale, so I stayed up to do that. Otherwise I would've gone back to sleep, no question.

Lindsey said...

0h wow, what a fun night/morning! You definitely win the mom of the day award! Maren's comment totally cracked me up.