Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Heaven must be made of chocolate...

...cause I just had me a little slice of heaven.



Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting....yum! Not the best picture, I really need to work on my food photography skills. Oh well. Anyway, such a fabulous recipe. I'm having to fight the urge to go cut me another slice. Mmmm, chocolate. Have I ever mentioned I love chocolate? So much, in fact, that we had to make a rule that I was only allowed to bake once a week for our FHE treat, because otherwise I would be baking every day and we would be the Obese Nelsens. I now really, really look forward to Mondays. :)


5 comments:

Liz said...

Mmmm, that does look incredibly tasty. I've really wanted to bake a cake for awhile now but I want to try and decorate it and I need bo buy all the pans and frosting tips and such. Someday soon though....

Emily said...

Oh MY that looks good.

It's a real shame we aren't neighbors.

The Nelsen Family: said...

It would be nice to be neighbors, then I wouldn't be eating so much cake myself. I think I've had three slices today...yikes! I finally had to take 1/4 of the cake to some friends so that I wouldn't eat an entire cake.
Liz, my parents got me some books and tips for Christmas a couple of years ago...it's really fun stuff. I don't suppose you have a Michael's there though...

Liz and David said...

No, there isn't a Michaels. :-( I've been having the hardest time finding speciality stuff out here. There's no Aaron Brother's or any other store that has a good selection of frames and mats for my wedding photos either. It has me very frustrated. I'm thinking of ordering a cake decorating set online. Wal-Mart and the NEX (military store) have some tips and pans but I'd love to get a really nice set. I can't wait to start trying! I got some books from the library and I've been dying to try it out. I'm the Enrichment leader in my ward and we're doing a night of Christmas craft classes next month and I insisted on doing a baking class to teach cookie decorating and to make other fun Christmas goodies. I need to start trying out different recipes. I'm trying really hard to think of a reason to bake a cake. I think desserts for FHE is a good idea.

Lindsey said...

Oh yum!! I am seriously going to start calling you Martha or Betty instead of Kara from now on. That cake looks so good!