Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I want to be a millionaire...

I've taken to watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire in the afternoons because...well, just because really. Anyway, sometimes I think I'd do ok on the show. If I were on the episode that was just on today, I'd have $4,000 and all my lifelines. The contestant that was on, however, was not so good...first of all, she had to use a lifeline for her $800 question which vegetable is a gourd (hello?!?! Pumpkin!). And then she had to use another lifeline for which NBA team is an example of alliteration (Washington Wizards). How did she get on the show? She got out on the $4000 question what is the medication Zocor for (high cholesterol). I don't know why I knew that answer, but I would've had $4000! Now, really, I know if I went on the show I wouldn't actually do that well, my knowledge is not well rounded enough. But sometimes when I'm watching the show and screaming at the contestants, I really want to try...

Ok, randomness over. This is what happens when there's no one to talk to...

3 comments:

Liz said...

I think the same thing all the time, especially when watching Jeopardy or other quiz shows. We had some friends come over the other day and we played "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" We decided to let everyone keep going even if they didn't answer the question right...they would just be behind everyone. I won the million dollars first because I knew all sorts of social studies/English questions but if we had been playing for real, I would have been out on the first round. My question? "How many voyages did Columbus make to the New World?" My guess was 3...the right answer was 4. (Which was one of my guesses.) My winning question? "What is the name of a newly fertilized egg?" The correct answer was a zygote. I have no idea where I pulled that answer from. Sometimes I do really awesome on those game shows and think the actual contestants are idiots and then there are times when I have no clue what the answer is. I think I'd totally crack under the pressure though if I actually went on any of those game shows.

RM said...

I see you have been working hard on your blog as well. looks great. i like the header with a pic of everyone, how did you do that? I tried to upload a family picture and the pixels were all wrong and the picture wiped everything out and took up the entire page!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Kara! I guess I REALLY have been out of the blogging world for too long. When did you make all the changes? It looks great!