Saturday, September 20, 2008

Go Cubbies!

The Nelsen household is very excited today....the Chicago Cubs clinched the NL Central division. Woo hoo! Our new blogger template is in honor of them, hopefully we will be able to leave it up until October when the Cubs win the World Series! Sorry Dodgers (gag, no offense Liz), sorry Angels, sorry even to Tampa Bay (I'd actually like to see them win if the Cubs don't), but it's gonna be the Cubbies this year! 2008 marks the 100 year anniversary of the Cubs last World Series title, so it's a perfect year for them to finally do it.

4 comments:

RM said...

Kara, you must be very busy,you're always changing the blog up...so cool! poor grant looks like he's drowning in the breathing apparatus! hope he gets better!

Liz and David said...

I'm so offended!!!! Actually, no, I'm not. I sadly have not been following baseball much this season (no cable TV) but I'm all for a Cubbie win. I'm love a good underdog story and you're right, 2008 is a great year to break their curse. If the Red Sox can do it, then here's hoping for the Cubs! (I love the template, by the way.)

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

..."Go Cubs!" I hope for your happiness they WIN! :) and maybe if they do we should have a celebration party...with lot's of yummy baked goods ;)

Katie said...

So the cubbies and the Red Sox. You must not what to do with yourself!! I wish we could watch all the madness together. I feel like our house has become baseball central. We have MLB.com and there is ALWAYS a game on. Fun times for you guys. I'll live through you since the Rangers seemingly will never get anywhere...