My First Tart
For my birthday, John got me an incredible book called The Professional Pastry Chef, and I love it. It's over 1000 pages long and has a recipe for every pastry you can imagine. While my parents were here I made my first pastry from the book, Raspberry Lemon Tart. I of course did not eat any, but it was still really fun to make for John and my parents. Tarts are fun and the tart dough is so delicious!
Now what to make next....
5 comments:
Hey the tart looks so yummy... you really should give the poor fruit a chance, you always make it so delectable... I am home now (yeah!), Morgan is in OC now and I’m wishing Beckton were still with him!
Mmmmm....whatever is "next" let me know, and I'll help (with the eating of course!)
You must really love baking to bake something you don't intend to eat. It looks absolutely tasty. I'm not a huge fan of raspberries myself but the lemon filling sounds delicious.
It's gorgeous and looks delicious, first of all, but I echo the sentiment that you must really love to bake when you don't even eat it! My favorite part is the consumption (of the entire thing, likely... ahem). Did you try it but just not the raspberries on top, or do you also not like lemon filling? It's amazing that you can still get good results without even trying it. You must just be that good. :)
That looks dang good Kara!
Post a Comment