Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's been going on...

Things have not been terribly exciting around here lately, but here's the latest. About three weeks ago, we all got colds...not a big deal for me, John, or Andrew, but poor little Grant is another story. His cold turned into bronchiolitis and he's still trying to get better. He has a horrible cough and is so congested...it's just sad! And he has such a hard time eating because he can barely breath. Poor little guy. We've been to the doctor a few times, and yesterday the doc said he's gotten to the point where we need to breathing treatments (I guess it's a good thing we already have a nebulizer...). Grant does NOT enjoy these breathing treatments, to say the least. He hates having that mask over his face and screams the whole time we do it. So sad.

This is the only time he didn't freak out during a breathing treatment--good job Grant!


In more sad news, Grant had quite the spill today. I took the boys out to the playground (nice weather today, only 70 degrees!) and as we were walking back, I let Andrew push Grant in the stroller. It's a small, light stroller, and I was walking next to Andrew the whole time to make sure he didn't go too fast or anything. Before I could react, however, Andrew tried to drive the stroller over the side of a little hill, and it tipped over. Grant face planted it into the dirt and was SO upset. The poor little guy had dirt all over his face, and in his mouth and nose. Yes, I feel like the worst mother ever (and sadly, that is not the worst bad mom experience I've had in the past few months, but the other incidents are too embarrassing to share).

Andrew is as hilarious as ever. When my parents were here a couple of weeks ago, they told Andrew that he gets to go see them for Christmas, and that we'll open presents and go see the train. Now every day (at least once) Andrew will say "Go see grandma, grandpa, open presents, see train, yay!" It's quite adorable. Sometimes his talking is just so cute that I can't help but laugh, and he'll crinkle his nose and say "What's so funny?" It's hilarious.

We also made an amazing discovery the other night at dinner. We were having these delicious wraps (with, by the way, the best homemade guacamole ever) and we discovered that Andrew LOVES fresh spinach. Whoulda thought? He was devouring it like Popeye does, it was crazy. We kept having to tell him he had to eat some of the other things before he could have more.

In happy Grant news, we are excited that he has started to roll over...it's so cute, though I can't believe he's getting that old already. What's funniest is when he tries to roll over while in his swing or something. He gets so mad when he can't! I'm hoping he'll sit up soon, because it will make things so much easier. We also started him on solids yesterday (happy 4 months baby Grant!) and he wasn't the biggest fan. I didn't think I was going to start him so early, because it was pretty pointless with Andrew when we started that early. But since my milk supply is so low, I figured if he were getting a little nutrition from solids, maybe we would be able to keep exclusively breastfeeding.

And that's the past couple of weeks in a nutshell. I adore my boys. :)


Grant's first experience eating solids:

First bite...

He's not sure what he thinks...


Ewwww, carrots!


And so he spits it all out.


Please don't make me eat any more!


2 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Try doing the neb treatments when he's asleep. If you can just hold it over his nose, but not TOUCHING his face, he may not mind if he's out cold. :)

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

I guess it's update time! I just did one of these too - and it is uncannily similar...? We seem to lead parallel lives. :)

Anyway, poor little Grant! He's having a rough time these days, eh. Gotta love "big" brothers with their "big" ideas!