Thursday, September 25, 2008

Grant Hates Showers

Grant protesting my shower.

Silly child. Grant seriously hates it when I take showers. It doesn't matter how good a mood he's in when I get in the shower, he freaks out as soon as the water is on and the curtain is shut. I'm not exaggerating when I say he cries every single time I get in the shower, unless John is home. He'll be napping and he get in the shower and he'll start to cry. What gives? Today he was in the happiest, smiliest mood, but not even sixty seconds into my shower he started to wail. This kid doesn't just cry when I shower, he SCREAMS. Screams bloody murder. It's ridiculous. I don't know if it's that he doesn't like the sound of the water or he just doesn't like for me to have five minutes to myself to get clean, but he just doesn't like it. If it weren't so dang frustrating it might be comical.

The problem is, dealing with a fussy Grant makes me want to go bake some of these:



Not a good temptation...if I go make myself cookies every time I get frustrated, I'll not just never lose this baby weight, I'll end up the size of a whale. Sigh. I love love love cookies.


2 comments:

Emily said...

I wonder if he'd do better if he could see you? Not that most of us want to be showering with a clear shower curtain... Anyway, it doesn't explain the whole "napping and wake up when the shower is on" thing. Very interesting. Good luck keeping clean. :)

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Ok...so here's the plan. Next time call me up, I'll come hold Grant while you take a shower, then you can reward me with some fresh baked cookies, and I promise not to let you eat ANY! :)