Friday, October 31, 2008

"I was just wondering if you were available for Bar Mitzvahs and Christenings in addition to Ruby Weddings."

Name that movie!

Yep, it's Bridget Jones's Diary in all its awesomeness. When I was in the car today the song "All by Myself" came on the radio. I don't think it's possible to hear that song without thinking of that movie. Love it.

Other wonderful quotes:

Interviewer: What do you think about the El Nino phenomenon?
Bridget: It's a blip. Latin music's on its way out.


Mark Darcy: I like you, very much.
Bridget: Ah, apart from the smoking and the drinking, the vulgar mother and... ah, the verbal diarrhea.
Mark Darcy: No, I like you very much. Just as you are.


Bridget: Look, are you and Cosmo in on this together? Because every time I see you, you seem to go out of your way to make me feel like a COMPLETE idiot. And you really needn't bother: I already feel like an idiot most of the time anyway - with, or without the fireman's pole.

Mark Darcy: Mother, I do not need a blind date. Particularly not with some verbally incontinent spinster who drinks like a fish, smokes like a chimney, and dresses like her mother

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hehehe... that made me smile. I know that it's rated R but... I. Just. Can't. Give. It. Up. Or something. It makes me so happy.

I don't know if you watch 30 Rock, but the Liz/Tina Fey character made a comment to Jack/Alec Baldwin last night about Colin Firth movies. I won't retype it just in case a certain word in the quote would flag your blog as sketchy or something... it's just basically referring to him being gorgeous. I laughed a lot.

Does it disturb you that as soon as you put up a new post I comment? What does this say about my life and the number of times a day I check blogs?

The Nelsen Family: said...

Such a good movie! We saw it on TBS once and recorded it, so I was very happy. And John really likes it too, which is amazing. Did you ever see the second one? Funny, but not nearly as good. And it's definitely dirtier.

I don't really watch 30 Rock, but I'm sure I would have agreed with her about Colin Firth. Whew! Did you see Mama Mia? I was pretty sad that his character was gay, but I really enjoyed the movie.

And no, it doesn't disturb me how quickly you commented...I check peoples blogs a lot too. More than once a day. I need help.