We've been having great weather (though some crazy people like John think it needs to be cold right now) so Andrew and I have been able to go outside and play a lot. Being able to take Andrew outside to play is just wonderful, it makes him so happy. Today we went to the "big playground" in the apartment complex and played there for quite awhile. Andrew just LOVES it over there. We're also lucky enough to be able to see airplanes fly by quite frequently, which Andrew gets really excited about. He'll be poised to go down the slide when he hears an airplane and shouts "Airplane mommy! Airplane! Byeeeeeee airplane!" It's entirely too cute. He also started calling me mom (not mommy) while we were at the playground, which was really distressing. He's way too young to stop calling me mommy. I think I would cry if he stopped.
Eventually Andrew tired of the playground and wanted to go wander around. We wandered through the field and across the bike path and eventually ended up wandering all the way to Circuit City. Really. He just kept walking, and I let him lead. At that point, he was starting to tire of walking, so we went into Circuit City and I let him rest in one of the shopping carts as I perused the store. Everything was all fine and dandy, Andrew was pointing out all the different things that had Shrek on the cover, and I was just looking around. And then I saw one of the most beautiful sights my eyes have ever beheld: a nice, large Sony Bravia LCD TV with a Blu-Ray player playing a Blu-Ray disc (which happened to be Pirates of the Carribean 3). I've never seen a picture like that in my life! I felt like I was sitting there on the boat with them. It was incredible. It made me wish we could use our tax refund in an irresponsible manner. *sigh*
Anyway, we had a fun little adventure. Hooray for my cute boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment