Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rant

Ok, I just have to rant. I told myself I was going to bed but instead got on Facebook and started reading the comments made in the poll: "Regardless of whether or not you would vote for him, do you think Mitt Romney would make a good president?" Stupid, stupid Kara. It's just bad when I get sucked into things like that. So after reading 15 pages of comments, I have to rant.

If people want to attack Romney for his policies, his record, or even what some view as his tendency to flip flop, that's fine. But attacking because of his religion is just ignorant and prejudiced. It's interesting that these comments tend to come from the "open minded" liberals who ironically think anyone who is opposed to gay marriage is a "homophobic bigot." I won't dignify their thoughts by repeating any of their ill-mannered and just plain bigoted comments here, but it was truly appalling to see that so little tolerance and so much prejudice exists in the people's hearts. It would appear that these individuals do not truly want liberty and equality for all, but would abolish that which is not in line with their own views, creating their own dictatorships in the process.


Now, you may be thinking (as John does) "Why do you do this to yourself Kara?" The answer? I don't know. I certainly don't enjoy reading comments from uninformed idiots. I really liked the one comment that said:
"Bad sampling. Most people on Facebook are too young to know diddly or go to Colleges full of 60's radicals for professors." So true! I think that about sums up what I was thinking about the people making these comments. I'm always so annoyed by the 18-25s (or worse, high school) age group; it's almost like they feel the need to be more liberal, outspoken, and just obnoxious in general because they can.

Whew. Ok, I'm done. And I'm going to remind myself not to read things like that anymore. (Editorial comment from John: No she won't!)

2 comments:

McEuens said...

Don't hold back there, Kara. Tell us how you really feel! I've got to agree with you about the "enlightened" liberal tendency to advance the virtue of "tolerance" over all others, but only for those views they already agree with. It's one of the great ironies (and there are lots of them) of modern liberalism.

Erin said...

Amen. (to both of you.)