Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hallucinogenic Pizza

Last night I decided to cook a frozen Digiorno Garlic Bread Pizza for dinner because I still hadn't done the dishes from our Mardi Gras meal (pathetic and disgusting, I know...though in my defense I was gone for most of the day yesterday). Anyway, we ate it at about 9:30 when John got home from class and between the two of us devoured pretty much the whole thing. Delicious, but a bad idea.

We both woke up frequently during the night with major heartburn (I think I popped four Tums throughout the night...stupid pregnancy) and had really, really weird dreams. All John remembers about one of his dreams is that it involves Hannah Montana (haha, can you tell we watch Disney Channel?). My dream I remember quite well...my dad was here and Mitt Romney came to visit us. As we were standing outside the apartment, Mitt just fell over dead. Later on we were all up in our apartment and people kept coming by to give us their condolences (strange, I know). One of the people who stopped by was an old friend of mine who I haven't even talked to since early high school; she handed me a message written by her mom on a post-it note. Later on, we were checking the news to find out how he died and were furious because there was no mention of Mitt's death. Things get fuzzier from here, but I believe we heard a rumor that Nicholas Cage killed Mitt and we tried to track him down to find out. Yeah....

So, I think the very important lesson here is don't eat a Digiorno frozen pizza right before bed. It'll mess you up.

And now that I've sufficiently avoided doing the dishes, I'd better go start them. We wouldn't want to end up resorting to another frozen pizza tonight....

(*edit* I just want to clarify that the concept of us meeting Mitt isn't THE most unlikely thing ever. My old seminary teacher/Sunday school teacher is related to Mitt Romney's wife. Her husband is Ann Romney's brother, if that makes sense. They're obviously are involved in things and send my parents lots of emails about Mitt and the campaign.)

No comments: