Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stupid--I mean Super--Tuesday

To say that we were disappointed in yesterday's election results would be an understatement. Being the pessimist that I am (I have the mug to prove it), I am pretty much convinced that it's over for Romney. However, there is still plenty of hope for Obama, and I like him quite a bit. So here's the question that John and I are pondering...come voting day (March 4th here, nice and late...I could go off on how we need to change the primary system, but I won't) do we vote for Obama in hopes of him beating Clinton or do we still cast our votes for Romney, the person we really have wanted to win all along? Considering yesterday's horrible results for Romney and great results for Obama, I think we're both leaning towards voting for Obama. Whatever we can do to keep Hillary from winning the Democratic nomination. I still think Obama is generally a bit too liberal for my tastes, but I can see him actually being different and bringing about positive change. Clinton and McCain are the same old tired Washington bureaucrats that this government is full of. Fortunately for us, Texas doesn't require people to register by party, so we can vote whichever way we want. Go.....Obama??

2 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Please don't vote for Obama. He's so freaking liberal it's scary!

The Nelsen Family: said...

But he's not Clinton! See, with Romney out now I can vote for Obama and hope that he beats Clinton. I can't even handle hearing that woman's voice, she CAN'T become the Democratic nominee.
Come the general election though, I'm not sure what I'll do...