For dinner I made orange chicken (yum!), won tons, egg drop soup, and chow mein. It was all very yummy, though I think we enjoyed the orange chicken the most. After making a meal that large, I had no desire to make dessert (plus most Chinese desserts look gross to me). It was fun and yummy and may have to become an annual tradition. And hey, if you're as nerdy as I am you may enjoy reading about the Chinese New Year.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Xīnnián Kuàilè!
Xīnnián kuàilè, or Happy (Chinese) New Year! Because of my love of the Chinese language, history, and food, I decided that we should celebrate (on a small scale) the Chinese New Year. The Chinese new year began on Thursday but in China the festivities last for a week. Our celebration was limited to a Chinese "feast" that we had last night, but it was still fun (and yummy).
For dinner I made orange chicken (yum!), won tons, egg drop soup, and chow mein. It was all very yummy, though I think we enjoyed the orange chicken the most. After making a meal that large, I had no desire to make dessert (plus most Chinese desserts look gross to me). It was fun and yummy and may have to become an annual tradition. And hey, if you're as nerdy as I am you may enjoy reading about the Chinese New Year.
Ok, so it really doesn't look like much of a feast...but it is a lot for three people! One day I am going to have nice serving dishes and a beautiful set of Chinese-inspired dinnerware.
For dinner I made orange chicken (yum!), won tons, egg drop soup, and chow mein. It was all very yummy, though I think we enjoyed the orange chicken the most. After making a meal that large, I had no desire to make dessert (plus most Chinese desserts look gross to me). It was fun and yummy and may have to become an annual tradition. And hey, if you're as nerdy as I am you may enjoy reading about the Chinese New Year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It all looks amazing! I'm so impressed. I also love the tablecloth and plates. I think they work for an Asian meal, don't worry. And you have the requisite spoons, so I think you're in business just fine. :)
Post a Comment